The 12th International Conference on Surface X-ray and Neutron Scattering will be organized by Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, from 25th to 28th July, 2012.
The SXNS series of conferences started in 1989 at Marseille, France and brings together researchers studying surfaces and interfaces in solid, liquid, biological and soft matter via neutron or X-ray (primarily using synchrotron sources) scattering techniques.
- Surfaces and interfaces of liquids and soft condensed matter
- Nano- and meso-structured materials
- Membranes and biologically active interfaces
- Time resolved in-situ studies and interfacial dynamics
- Interfacial reactions (growth, processing)
- Coherent X-ray scattering and imaging
- Kinetics in 2D self-assembly
- Interfaces in energy (energy storage, electrochemistry, geochemistry,catalysis)
- Emergent interfacial materials properties (magnetism, multiferroics,spintronics, etc.)
- Novel instrumentation/theory
- New horizons and opportunities from new facilities